Kjøp 12, spar 4 %!
This action runs until 31.12.2030 23:59.
The Perdera Monica di Sardegna DOC from Argiolas is a popular and easy to enjoy Sardinian red wine. It has an intense ruby red color in the glass, with the typical soft fruity aromas of red fruits, plum and cherry, floral and spicy notes and hints of vanilla in the background. Dry, soft and fruity on the palate, with some residual sweetness on the finish, typical of the Monica grape variety, with little tannin and lively acidity, pleasantly fruity and fresh on the finish.
Vinification of the Perdera Monica di Sardegna from Argiolas
Perdera is the Sardinian term for "stony place". For this Sardinian red wine, which is widespread throughout the island, the Argiolas winery vinifies at least 90% Monica, with the remaining maximum 10% split between Carignano and Bovale Sardo. The Monica grape variety is traditionally cultivated in the Alberello system, in the form of small trees. After manual harvesting, the grapes are fermented at a controlled temperature of 27-28°C for 8 to 10 days. In order to preserve the varietal characteristics of the Monica grape variety, an indigenous grape variety grown exclusively in Sardinia, the wine is aged for a period of one year, including 6 to 8 months in neutral French oak barrels and 4 months in concrete tanks, followed by 2 to 3 months in the bottle.
Dining recommendations for the Perdera Monica di Sardegna from Argiolas
Easily accessible and uncomplicated, a red wine for every day that is rightly very popular in Sardinia. It goes perfectly with anything that can be grilled, tuna, salmon with herbs, swordfish with tomatoes and saffron, white meat and lamb. Slightly chilled, Perdera is a delicious accompaniment to suckling pig grilled in the open air, as is customary at many festivals in Sardinia.
Awards for the Perdera Monica di Sardegna from Argiolas
- Duemilavini: 3 grapes for 2015
- Veronelli: 89 points for 2015
- Vinibuoni d'Italia: 3 stars for 2015
- More products from Argiolas